Journal Entry- Ahab’s Death as He Promised
Monday, March 16, 1992
1 Kngs 21:19- “…in the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth (“Jezreel” v. 1,8)
SHALL DOGS LICK THY BLOOD, EVEN THINE.”
(22:1- “…THREE YEARS…”)
1. v. 30- Ahab was disguised- “I will disguise myself…”
2. v. 34- no one tried specifically to kill him- “a certain man drew a bow at a venture.”
3. v. 34- it hit just the right spot “and smote the king of Israel between the joints of his armor.
4. v. 35- he stayed in his chariot- “the king was held up in his chariot…
5. v. 35- the wound caused great bleeding- “…the blood ran out of the wound inside of the chariot.
6. v. 37-38- the chariot was taken to Samaria- “and was brought to Samaria…”
7. v. 38- dogs were there at the washing- “and the dogs licked up his blood; and they washed his armor.”
LORD, You told Ahab that in the place where the dogs licked Naboth’s blood, his blood would also be licked. Three years passed. Ahab went, went to battle, not wearing his kingly attire, but disguised as a common soldier. Although no one knew where he was, someone, at a venture, shot an arrow and it hit Ahab. Not just anywhere did it hit him, but in a crease of his armor, where he would bleed continuously. After being declared dead, he was not removed from his chariot, but drove over 40 miles to Jezreel and there his chariot was washed out- and- there happened to be dogs there.
And, what You said with Your mouth- Your strong right arm of power brought it to pass as You always do.