Sunday, August 19,1990
QT: Joshua 1
V 1-“After the death of Moses…the Lord spoke to Joshua….”
V 2- “Arise- go over this Jordan. “
V 5- “Thou shall not any man be able to stand before them.”
V 7- “Only observe to do according to all the law… Turn not from it to the right hand or to the left…”
– “This book of the law”= all the Words of God then given (Josh.1:7)
– “Shall not depart out of thy mouth”= (Deut. 11:19)
– “Speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and thou risest up.” (Deut. 6:7)
– “Thou meditate…day and night” -all the time (Josh. 1:7)
– That thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written…”
– Thinking on God’s Word was for the purpose of understanding how to do it.
– THEN “thou shalt make thy way prosperous and then thou shalt have good success”.
Monday, August 20, 1990
Read: Joshua 1-9
QT: Joshua 2:9-11
“For we have heard…
…how that Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea
…and what you did unto the two kings of the Ammorites
…our hearts did melt
…neither did there remain any more courage in any man because of You
*This was the truth, the reality- But notice this is what the children of Israel THOUGHT in their mind.
Numbers 13:31- “We are NOT able to go up against the people: for they are strong…and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers and so we were in our own sight.”
IF, after they felt like grasshoppers they had gone and gotten God’s perspective from the Word, they could have focused on the promises of God and entered in 40 years earlier.
When down or discouraged- Read, read, read Your Word to get Your perspective.